- Choose a place in your home that you most want to see organized (garage, coat closet, kitchen).
- Label two boxes: Keep and Donate.
- Have a trash bag handy for items that need to be thrown away.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Pull one item at a time and make a decision about whether you’ll keep it, donate it or toss it – the faster you make decisions, the more you’ll get done!
- Group like items together in the “Keep” box. This will save you time when you put them away.
- Continue the process until the timer rings.
- Take the garbage out.
- Once you’ve gone through each item in the area that you are working on, spend 10 minutes a day implementing organizing solutions for the items in the “Keep” pile.
- Drop off your donation items at a collection center or schedule a pickup at your home.